Friday, May 08, 2009

Above Rubies

Growing boys want to eat all day.
Wiping crumbs and the dishes won't stay away.
The baby cries, up by five.
I won't see the bed again till late at night.

One wants a story,
One needs a nap.
Daddy will be home soon.
The place is a wreck.

But I wonder...

What am I to You?
All these little things I do,
Do You notice?
Are they imparted in Your plan?
I can hear You say,
"She who fears the Lord is to be praised
and her worth is above rubies."
You set a price for me:
Above Rubies.

I could have worn a business suit,
Had a "better life",
But that's not true.

ABC's and 123's
Ring around the rosies,
All fall down with glee.

I know it's simple.
The world doesn't see.
I may not move mountains in this ministry.

But I wonder...

What am I to You?
All these little things I do,
Do You notice?
Are they imparted in Your plan?
I can hear You say,
"She who fears the Lord is to be praised
and her worth is above rubies."
You set a price for me:
Above Rubies
.
Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. Her children will rise up and call her blessed, and her husband also.

What am I to You?
All these little things I do,
Do You notice?
Are they imparted in Your plan?
I can hear You say,
"She who fears the Lord is to be praised
and her worth is above rubies."
You set a price for me:
Above Rubies.

"Above Rubies"
by Serene and Pearl

2 comments:

homelover2 said...

I can't really tell if the song says "imparted" or "important". Anyone who knows the song want to see what you think?

Beth E. said...

I've never heard the song, but I love the words...can you Google the lyrics?