Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Settling in

I stopped by here to order my 2010 Motivated Moms planner (have you ordered yours yet? ;-) If not, use the link in my sidebar to go check it out), and realized I really should update! We have been home in Tennessee for almost a month now. We had a great trip and I have really been able to see God's hand in everything that has happened. He led us to a perfect house (not the one I mentioned before) that I absolutely love. It is one level, three bedrooms, one bathroom, eat-kitchen, and living room. That is it! I love the simplicity of keeping this home and I love having all my children right here--no matter where in the house they are, they are close. I LOVE having carpet! And I love having my washer and dryer in the bathroom instead of the basement! Some other things I love are the laminate wood flooring in the kitchen--it is so easy to keep clean!--my marbly-looking dark countertops (I'm not HGTV enough to know what they're made of, but I love them b/c they're so easy to keep clean, too), having enough space and counterspace in the kitchen, and it has the perfect space for our huge kitchen table. Ok, I could go on, but you get it--I love my house :-) I'm know I'm very strange to desire a small house with a large family, but I think it is perfect!

Kevin is leaving in four days. It is so surreal--hard to believe that in four days he'll be gone for a whole year. I am really really dreading that day. But a big comfort is that the baby is due in two weeks! That I am looking forward to! I know he'll be a joy and comfort to us all while Daddy is away.

Thank you all so much for your prayers as we are making this transition. Being able to see God working in everything reassures me that we are in the center of His will and brings perfect peace to every situation.

9 comments:

Sherah said...

Thank you SO much for the update!! I have been thinking of you alot, and wondering how things are going. I love your upbeat attitude and how you talked about everything you are thankful for, not the things you don't like. =)

I know this year, you're going to see incredible things happen in your life. God is going to bless your sacrifice with a willing heart, He really will.

Beth E. said...

I'm so glad that you are settled in. Maybe now you can plan a trip up to see us??? We'd love it!

We'll be praying for Kevin and for you and the family while he's away.

Hugs,
Beth

Mommy Bee said...

I just wanted to say that I'm so happy you made it there safely and have the loving support you need from what seems a wonderful circle of friends! May God bless you and your family. Please keep me posted on the sweet new little one!
Blessings,
Cynthia

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

So glad you had a good trip. I will be praying for your family especially while your husband is away. Keep us posted on pics of that little baby, okay.

Cortney said...

Thank you for the update- was wondering if the new one had shown up yet! You are so encouraging with all that is going on in your life!

and thank you for posting all of the curriculum that you are using in your sidebar! I am really fumbling through starting out Hsing!

Nurturing Faith and Family said...

thank you for the update! glad to hear you are doing great! So amazing that you are seeing the wonders of God working in your life! Praying that this year is wonderful, even though your husband is away. And I think that a smaller house with a big family is just perfect!

Rebecca said...

Excited for you about your new house and baby coming soon. Will be praying for you as you adjust and while your husband is away. God's grace is sufficient for each and every day.

Kerri said...

Your new house sounds wonderful, glad you are settling in. Prayers for you and your family as you go through so many changes in a short period of time.

BTW, there is an award for you on my blog.

http://mommyoffive4him.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-blog-award-sunshine-award.html

Mary said...

I am so glad that you're doing well. I have not stopped by for quite a while due to lack of internet. I will be praying for you as your husband is away. I can't wait to see the new little one! What a wonderful blessing!