Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Two Hour Quick Clean Up


Today every room in my house is a disaster. Laundry is piled up, clutter is out everywhere, and floors are disgusting. If I followed my normal schedule today, I would never be able to catch up, so today is definitely a "Two Hour Quick Clean Up" day. It was written by Crystal Paine, but I can't find it on the web anymore. It really helps when your house is so out of hand you don't know where to start!

Two Hour Quick Clean Up


1. Put on an apron, turn on some uplifting music, light a candle, and start a load of laundry.

2. Go to the kitchen sink and wash, dry, and put away the dishes. Then, shine the sink (ala FlyLady!) and wipe down the counter tops. Try to get this completely finished in 30 minutes or less.

3. Set the timer for 15 minutes and briskly go through the house and pick up as many items as you can which are out of place and return them to their proper places (and if it's trash, throw it out!).

4. Switch the laundry in your washer to your dryer or clothesline and start another load of laundry.

5. Take some all-purpose cleaner and a few rags and go quickly spray and wipe down all the bathrooms. Remember, this is just a simple spray and wipe of your bathrooms which should only take five minutes maximum per bathroom. Save the heavy-duty cleaning for later!

6. Do a quick sweep and mop of your kitchen and bathroom floors if they need this (and if your home is anything like our home, they will need this!).

7. Vacuum the main living areas of your home--don't worry about moving furniture or going over every inch of carpet, just make sure and hit the main traffic areas.

8. Pull the laundry out of the dryer and fold and put it away. Switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer, and start another load in the washer if you still have more laundry to do.

You're done! Make a pot of tea or coffee (or a glass of iced tea or lemonade since Spring is finally here!) and put your feet up for a few moments. Way to go! Your whole family will enjoy the fruits of your labors.



4 comments:

mrsfredknapp said...

If only I had a washer and dryerl. lol. God is good! Praying for you today!

Tereza said...

I love this...so motivating eventhough I know all this...it's so nice to picture another mom going through the motions!!

Beth E. said...

I'm just now reading this, so I'm sure you have everything cleaned by now...way to go!

This is a great plan. Thanks for sharing it!

Melissa said...

Thank you for posting this! I've been looking for this for awhile, too. Thanks! I know it seems that sometimes all we do is cook, clean, etc., but it's so much more. John MacArthur has a wonderful series on God's High Calling for women - and I've only listened to a little bit, but it's so refreshing to hear encouraging words about our high calling as mothers and wives. Keep up the good work!
Melissa, mother to four, ages 6,4,2, and 11 months. :) Here is the website to the series:

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/grace-to-you/listen/gods-high-calling-for-women-part-1a-100287.html