Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ways to spend my days with Him





This is one way I make time in my day for prayer and bible reading. Two places where I spend the most time are at the kitchen sink and in the laundry room. Here is what is over my kitchen sink. A calendar that I use to pray for my children and a copy of Philippians 1 and 2. A few months ago I memorized chapter 1 this way and now I'm working on chapter 2. This is the first time I have memorized long passages and it is amazing! I hope I can find time to write about it soon.


And here is my laundry area. This is where I fold laundry so I spend a lot of time here. It's another place I work on my memorization (which also becomes meditation and prayer).

If you want to read more about the hows and whys of scripture memorization I recommend His Word in My Heart by Janet Pope. There is also an excellent series on Revive our Hearts by the same title. That is what sparked my desire.

4 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

what a neat way to be in the Word throughout the day!!! Love it!

Michelle said...

I didn't even realize I was following your blog...I'm not sure where I "found" you at.

Either way...those are great ideas. I have a few scriptures in my kitchen but haven't really memorized them. Just know why I placed them there.

I've been really wanting to work on scripture memorization. Thank you for posting the links!

Shandee said...

You are such an encouragement, I look forward to your posts!

Blessings, Shandee

www.shandees-journey.blogspot.com

Geniève said...

Great idea Jennifer :)