Monday, January 02, 2012

Just can't stop talking about the blessing of children!


The past few days I have been reading back through my old blogs--this one, the one before it on Xanga, and the one even before it I had forgotten about on Homeschool Blogger. It was so wonderful to look back and read about all the memories and thoughts I had forgotten. That really is the purpose of my blog--to keep a record of my life, my thoughts, my ideas--my online journal that I have chosen to let others read. I don't see it as a means of trying to teach others or convince them to agree with me. It's just an outlet for me and turns out to be a record of years past that I can look back on.

In recent times I have gotten a little weak about sharing things I know many people will disagree with. I have been confronted quite a bit and I do NOT like confrontation or debate! However, this is my blog, my journal, my thoughts, so I've decided that I shouldn't be afraid.

With that said, I want to share something I shared WAY back in 2006 when I had 3 tiny children. I haven't read these quotes in years so I totally forgot them, but I LOVE them!

First I shared this quote from Dr. B. H. Shadduck:

"If people want to limit the size of their families, they should wait until their child is two years old and then decide whether to kill the child. There would be very little limiting of families, you may be sure, on that basis.
Nearly every child is its own proof that it had a right to be born. The love and joy and pride that come from a child proves that God was giving an infinite blessing when the child was given, and that it would have been a foolish sin committed against their own happiness for the father and mother to have prevented the conception of that little one which later turns out to be so precious.
Every reason for one child is a reason for other children. If one child brings happiness, more children bring more happiness.”

After that I added my own thoughts:

"When I look at each of my precious boys I shudder to think of what if they had never been? If I followed the typical way of the world, none of them would be here! What a dreadful dreadful thought! And along that same line of thought–if and when God chooses to bless us again (or again and again!) I will one day look at that child and think the same thing. I will look into that precious face which is that of an eternal soul and say, “HOW did I ever live without you, my little treasure?” Oh, nothing causes me to praise God more than my children. They truly are the greatest blessings He gives. By far. By far."


Now I am expecting my seventh child and still wholeheartedly agree! Now I know 3 of those precious faces I talked about and KNOW that what I said was true! I will meet another precious face in May and I know I will also look at him or her (we find out tomorrow!) and once again say, "HOW did I ever live without you, my little treausre???"





8 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad that you are posting! Don't ever stop!

Jessica

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I will add this quote to my list of favorites. It is so true!!! Dr. SM Davis talks about how our culture accepts children once they are born but there is no love for the unborn child. How even as Christians we have to learn to love the children in the womb, and the children not yet conceived. Thanks for posting

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I will add this quote to my list of favorites. It is so true!!! Dr. SM Davis talks about how our culture accepts children once they are born but there is no love for the unborn child. How even as Christians we have to learn to love the children in the womb, and the children not yet conceived. Thanks for posting

Rebecca said...

I loved reading this post! I am so glad you are sharing your thoughts again. You serve the Lord when you use the gifts He has given you. And though I am sure there are many, I know that encouragement is definitely one of them.

blessedmommie said...

Very true. You are such a light and an encouragement. Your writings have blessed me greatly in the past 2-3 years as I have mothered my three blessings and am now homeschooling. I really have no one in my life who understands what I feel called to do at home with my children and you have no idea what an encouragement just the example of your life and what you have shared through your blog has been to me. ((((((hugs)))))) Thank you for sharing!

Msheepers said...

Thanks for sharing!

My husband and I have been married 7 years, and I've always feared the responsibility of raising a child - whether I could adequately feed, clothe, teach him or her our values, help them navigate their childhood and teen years, continue to be a wife, housekeeper, etc.

But lately I've been reminded that we can't do anything without God's help, and all of my thinking up to this point has been looking at raising a child without God in the picture.

Thanks for being such a good role model as a stay-at-home-mom, homeschool teacher, wife, housekeeper, lover of God, etc! You encourage the rest of us - or at least me - that we also can do it with God's help!

Judy Dudich said...

As a mother of 10 and Grammy of 4, I wish I could blow this post up into a billboard sized sign and hang it up and down the highways of my entire state of PA!

SewHappybyChristie said...

It is always a pleasant thing to be reminded of those things which bring so much Joy to our lives both now and forever with Him.