My husband has been shocking me a lot lately. Before we were married he was so romantic and constantly doing sweet things for me. Then after we got married, well, you know how it goes! I've had my feelings hurt a few anniversaries and on past Mother's Days when I asked him why I didn't get anything, he would answer in all innocence, "You're not my mother." Yeah. He really did.
But the past couple years he is finally getting it and this year he just really amazed me.
For our anniversary, we didn't get to go out as we had planned because two of the kids and I were sick. So we fed the kids frozen corn dogs, put them to bed early, and Kevin went to out to get our meal. When he got back I was instructed to stay in the back bedroom till called.
My husband turned the living room into a restaurant. My husband did this. I'm still amazed. He set up a folding table and chairs and set it with a white tablecloth, black placemats, our best dishes, and candles. He laid three roses on the table alongside a card and a diamond bracelet. He had romantic music softly playing. MY husband did this!
As I sat down to read my card, admire my flowers and gift, and eat, he had this to say. My husband said this. He told me that in his psychology class he learned that the hardest year in marriages is usually the seventh year (which is very true for us). Then at the eighth year things started to get better and better. And that's how he wanted it to be for us. MY husband said this!
We had such a nice evening--much better than we could have had out somewhere, in my opinion.
For mother's day, he had the kids fingerpaint cards for me. So when I got up, I found my cards and a package of Oreos (with 2 missing) from the kids. From him I got chocolate and a nice new 12 inch skillet which I so needed! We were still sick, so we had to stay home again and he went out and got us some lunch. And again, it was a much better day at home than going out. I'm so glad we were sick! haha
The things I am seeing happen in my husband's heart amazes me every day. It is nothing but a testimony of God's faithfulness. I am so blessed!
I hope everyone else had a happy mother's day too! Every day is mother's day when we get to be surrounded by the people we love!
4 comments:
Hooray for your sweet husband! He did a great job!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Your husband is so thoughtful. I truly believe that hubbies get sweeter with age! :) We are about to celebrate our 7th anniversary...now I am afraid about the 7th year being the hardest. Many blessings!
That is awesome! Tell Kevin I'm totally impressed!
Check out the latest video on my blog. About halfway through it, I tell about what Bill gave ME for Mother's Day...you gotta hear it to believe it! LOL
Love ya
Awwww Happy Mothers Day! Please don't tell me the 7th year is harder than the first? We are just about to hit our first year and it's been pretty rocky. I put my faith in God and pray He has awesome things planned for our marriage in the years to come - even in the 7th year!
Post a Comment