Sunday, June 21, 2009

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

AMEN! That'll preach, Jennifer!

Unknown said...

Just came by your blog by accident. But, that is one of my favourite hymns. I pray you and your family know Jesus at the centre of your lives today. With love in our wonderful Saviour.

Krawl's Sunshine said...

Thank you for sharing this great hymn! What a blessing it was to me!

Rebecca said...

When the going gets tough, this is a great hymn to pray and sing. It is sweet in the calm too. God is good!