Thursday, October 22, 2009

Long Overdue Update

It has been 20 days since I've posted! A lot is going on here. We found out today that Kevin will for sure be going to Korea for a year. We will probably be leaving Montana on December 31. It's hard to believe! So surreal. It will take us up to a week to drive to Tennessee then we'll have a little time to settle in and spend with Kevin before he leaves around the first of February. Then of course the baby is due February 18. It's going to be such a whirlwind of changes. My poor children! New home, no daddy, new baby. What a crazy life! But it is what God has brought about, so I know we can trust Him.

Several of you asked about Zachary's thumb. It healed up very nicely. Then, two days ago, he slammed the SAME thumb in the SAME spot in the SAME door! It reopened the wounds pretty good and terrified him. So he's bandaged up again. What a life with a rambunctious--and clumsy!--little boy!

Saturday is Cara's first birthday. I can hardly believe my long anticipated baby girl is turning one. What a bundle of sweet mischievousness she is! She isn't walking yet, but she climbs like a little monkey and is a little Houdini when it comes to seatbelts. There isn't a stroller, high chair, or shopping cart belt that can be a match for her! Grocery shopping is dangerous--if I turn around to pick up one thing, she's climbing over into the main compartment for some crackers. But, oh, once you settle her back in and she quietly pops her thumb back into her mouth and clutches her blankie and blinks up at you with those innocent eyes, you just don't care! And of course, she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. They are so sweet together. It's what I always dreamed of seeing and now seeing her here with us is a dream come true.

School is still going great, although now I think we will have to cut back a bit to start packing and getting ready for the move. We'll probably do the basic subjects like math and reading every day and My Father's World every other day. And of course, read-alouds and bible happen naturally every day anyway, so even if we never had "school", I know my children are learning so much, right along with me.

I would love to get back in the habit of blogging again. I always have something on my mind. I'm always having ideas, or projects going on, or a new product I love, or a new book that I'm excited about. So why don't I blog? I have no idea!

8 comments:

Christine said...

It is always so much fun reading your blog posts! Praying for you especially with all of the new life changes. Many blessings!

Lydia said...

God bless you! I'm sure you have quite a few emotions running thru you at any given time. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help you even from afar.

Beth E. said...

I'm excited that you'll be moving back this way! :-)

Sherah said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful work God is going to do in your heart in this next year!! It's going to be hard without Kevin, but I'm positive that you're going to look back and not want it any other way. Having a baby without your husband is such a step of faith and I know God will MORE than meet you there - I imagine it will probably be the most precious birth you've ever had.

I'm excited to read all about the move and how you get to go back home to your family....I've followed your blog since your 3rd baby boy was born, so it was exciting to see a new update today!

Take care....

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

You are such a inspiration for other Christian women. May God bless your family through this journey and may you all be better because of it.

Anonymous said...

So many changes coming soon! Praying that God will give you strength to keep up with it all!

And yes, add one more thing to your list and start BLOGGING please!

ASHTON said...

wow! so many changes! I had my 3rd while DH was deployed. I was really nervous about it, but it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and the homecoming when he met landon for the first time was the most exciting thing ever!!!

shan said...

What part of TN will you be living in?