Tuesday, November 09, 2010

It's all about You.






It's all about You, Jesus.
All this is for You, for Your glory and Your fame.
It's not about me, as if You should do things my way.
You alone are God and I surrender to Your ways.



This has been my sing-all-day song lately; my sing through the mess and the noise and the chaos and the exhaustion song.
It's so easy for me to give into selfishness in the midst of these long hard days when I am constantly cleaning only to have it messed up,
constantly disciplining only for the same child to commit the same offense 30 seconds later,
constantly shushing only to have the noise level rise,
constantly cooking only to have it all gobbled up with nary a thank you, mom!
Constantly going going going and giving giving giving, and never a moment for me.
It sounds like a good way to forget about "me" but I find myself crying out "Me! Me! Me!" What about me? I need a break! I need quiet! I need something for me me me! WHY do I have all these little children? WHY am I keeping them here 24/7?

But then the Lord reminds me, life is not about me. My purpose in existing is not so I can live and die and have as much fun as I can and just enjoy life while I have it. My purpose is to serve and glorify Him. It's ALL. ABOUT. HIM.

I can think of no better way for the Lord to teach us unselfishness than through motherhood. Because of motherhood, I am all but forced to die to my self daily, to take up my cross, to deny my self.
The world wants to tell me everywhere I go that I am crazy because children are burdens, I need to have an easy life, I need the money children will take, I need what my flesh wants. Can no one see how selfish they look when the glare at me, shake their heads, point their fingers, make their condescending comments? I may be just as selfish, but my heart is crying out to them, "It's not about ME!"

It's all about You, Jesus.
All this is for You, everything I do all day, I offer it up to You as a sacrifice of praise, for Your glory and Your fame.
It's not about me. No matter how many times I lose my temper, lock myself in the bathroom, or think about giving up--I know it's not about me, as if You should do things my way!
You alone are God. I'm not God. You alone are God, and I surrender to Your ways.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

*Hugs* and love to you!I can totally relate!