Friday, August 14, 2009

The smell of new books!




You know how guys love new-car smell? Well, I love new-school-book smell! I have always, even when I was a homeschool student myself, loved the feel, the look, and especially the smell of new school books. The fresh new school year is one reason this is my favorite time of year.

Do you know any crazy people who take pictures of their children's school books? Well, you do now! As I was getting them organized in our beautiful new school room (pictures to come when it is complete), I couldn't resist taking some pictures of our beautiful curricula.

Here is our My Father's World curriculum. I still have a few things I need for it, but am going to order them as I need them later in the year.


Here are Justin's books for second grade.


David's kindergarten books.


Some of Isaiah's preschool stuff.


And our little preschool/play area with puzzles, blocks, toys, etc.


School is so fun!

And I wanted to add that I was so blessed to spend less than $200 on EVERYONE for everything!





10 comments:

Millicent said...

yay for good deals!! I am going to look at MFW today! thanks for helping me out!

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on the smell and feel of new books. Call me crazy, but I also love the smell of a new box of Crayola crayons and Play-Doh too! Makes me feel like a kid again, instantly!

Sarah said...

Looks amazing! And what a great price for everyone!!! I love the smell of new books too! I had more fun getting school supplies and books than I think my kids did!!

Sarah said...

Looks amazing! And what a great price for everyone!!! I love the smell of new books too! I had more fun getting school supplies and books than I think my kids did!!

miranda said...

Ok you must share who you got all that for $200??? that's awesome

homelover2 said...

Homeschool classifieds, Amazon, and Swagbucks!

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Oh fun!!! We start homeschooling this Monday!!! Yaaa! And we have all our new stuff too - SO exciting!@!!

Beth E. said...

How exciting! I love the smell of new books, too. :-)

Amity said...

Hey I took a pic of all our school books last year too!!

We use a lot of the same stuff!!

ANd books are one of my favorite things too....

Christine said...

Yay! You got a terrific deal on everything! I love how you organize your children's materials. Thanks for the great ideas. My son is using similar learning materials as your son David. This is my first year with Explode the Code and we love it! I am planning on using Adventures in my Father's World, next school year with my children, since my eldest will be in second grade then. I cannot wait to hear your reviews of this curricula! Many blessings!