Friday, August 07, 2009

Ugh! I have been such a horrible blogger, I know. This summer has kept me so busy and taken me away from my regular routines that I have rarely found the time to blog, nor much to blog about. I guess I am a very strange blogger. I find "I cleaned this, I organized that, I planned this or cooked this, or we learned this, or I read this..." to be much more interesting to blog about than "We went here, we went there." I have always been strange, so no surprise!

I have been getting out of my comfort zone and letting the boys cram in as much outdoor fun as we can take because August 17 it is back to business as usual at our house!

This past week was VBS at our church. It was in the morning. Enough said. The three oldest boys attended while Cara, Zachary, and I stayed in the nursery where the workers' children were. It was tiring and my house absolutely fell apart this week. My schedule was pretty much: get up way too early, get ready, go to church, come home, eat lunch, collapse on the couch for 2-3 hours, wake up, cook supper, do dishes, put kids to bed, do laundry, fall into bed. Repeat for 5 days. Whew! I cannot even fathom that most people do this on a daily basis! That to me would be a miserable existence! BUT, it was only one week and the boys had fun and I had fun too while we were there. But no matter how much fun we had, I am SO glad it is over!

Next week I am planning on getting everything ready for school. Finish the schoolroom I have slowly been creating in our basement, check out all needed books at the library, make last minute plans, make lots and lots of photocopies, and more.

I also plan to run on our school schedule this week to help ease the boys back into our normal routines. Then on August 17 I hope to be ready to begin. I can't wait and neither can they. They keep sneaking and looking at our boxes of books and school supplies and Isaiah keeps asking "Is it school today?" We are all so excited.

Summer has been fun. But I am so ready to get back to life. "Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest. Home-keeping hearts are happiest!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah- i'm like you , i enjoying the cleaning/organizing stuff better than the i went there stuff

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Your homekeeping heart is beautiful and inspiring! I'm looking forward to summer being over too and getting back to a "normal" routine! :)

Beth E. said...

How wonderful that they are so excited about school! That says a lot, you know, about your homeschooling.

I have made some new blog buddies. A few of them have large families and they also homeschool. Hop over and check 'em out sometime!

I'm glad you've had such a great summer. Ours has absolutely flown by. Bo goes to college on the 14th, Billy returns to his on the 19th. I can hardly believe that Bill and I will be empty-nesters!

I've missed your blogging. Welcome back!

Love,
Beth