I'm sure by now you have figured out why blogging has been on the back burner. A new school year, a new baby on the way--a new baby on the way?! Yes, it has been so hard to hold it in, but my husband did not wish to announce our news until we knew if it was a boy or a girl. Yes, we know :-) So now I have told my dad which takes care of my neck of the woods, but since Kevin still hasn't told his family, I still can't say anything on Facebook, which is killing me. But since I don't think anyone from that area reads this (if you are, then don't tell!), I went ahead and announced on the blog. It feels so much better to be a little out in the open. As far as people where I live who see me, well they have been able to tell for quite a while ;-)I have not been to the midwife yet, but yesterday I had my first ultrasound. Until yesterday I was pretty sure that I was 15 weeks with a due date of about March 7. The dates still seemed strange though since I had a very quickly positive test only a week after a very heavy and long period and was already quite tired and nauseous at what I thought was 3 weeks. I was a little suspicious that I could be farther along, but because of the bleeding and some other circumstances, I was sure it had to be right. I also started showing very soon after and my tiredness and sickness subsided long before I would have expected normally.
So finally I had the ultrasound yesterday and was shocked to learn that instead, I am 18 weeks with a due date of around February 18. Three weeks may not sound like a lot, but when you are pregnant, every week is a milestone and I just skipped three! Imagine my surprise when I saw those numbers on the screen and then within just a few seconds, the baby had it's legs completely spread eagle and my heart jumped when I very clearly saw...
...Another little boy! I had a feeling because I was kinda craving a boy :-) We all saw it and laughed and I joked that I knew having a girl had to be a fluke. We are all so thrilled and excited to know we will have a baby boy this February! And little Cara Grace will remain the princess of the family for quite a while.
We are so thankful that God has seen fit to bless our family again. Would I have planned it this way? Probably not. But I am so glad that God in His wisdom is in charge. I am not wise enough to make decisions like this. As soon as I saw that little guy wiggling around on the screen, I was reassured once again why we have left it all in His hands. How sad to have missed out on such a blessing! And in a few months I will hold him in my arms and breathe in his sweet newborn aroma and as he melds into his place in our family, I will shutter to imagine my life without him. We will love him so much our hearts will ache and give thanks to God for planning this person before time began and for giving us grace to allow Him to bless us with this baby's LIFE. May God, the creator of LIFE, be glorified through the life of this precious little one.
20 comments:
I haven't commented before but I do read your blog. Congratulations! I was pregnant with my little girl at the same time you were expecting Cara. Actually you were due nearly a whole month before me but my little girl was born first on October 20th. I remember returning from the hospital and checking your blog and thinking, "nooooo she still hasn't had her baby!" Praying you aren't quite so overdue this time.
Rachael in Austalia
Whoops.....I do know how to spell Australia but said "little girl" was desperately trying to reach the keyboard as I typed!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Congrats! Wow wonderful and exciting!
I apologize if I'm being too forward as a stranger, but does your midwife think that perhaps that heavy bleeding was due to originally being pregnant with twins and one miscarrying? I have a friend whom this happened to. I guess it doesn't really change anything, but I always want everything explained myself!
It's so refreshing to see a momma of now 6 to be so excited about a new baby. I only have three, and I get all kinds of rude comments in the grocery store like "you've got your hands full!" and "are you done now?" from total strangers.
Be well!
~Colleen
How exciting! You're due less than 2 months after me... I love having other pregnant ladies around (in real life and on the net :) )
Congrats again! I am due Christmas Eve with my 6th =] How far apart will Cara and the new one be? Kyle and this new one will be 14 months, my closest together so far =]
I read your comment awhile back on someones elses blog and you said you were pregnant and I was really excited and rushed over to your blog to congratulate youand then I noticed there was no post about it and then I went to facebook and I noticed you didn't say anything there yet either...so I was like hmmmm...maybe it is still a secret....good thing me and my big mouth did not spoil it...yikes.
Anyways....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am super excited for you:-) :-)
Congratulation Jennifer!!! It is so exciting. I have been reading her for a long time and remember you announcing both of your last two pregnancies. I know that you are soo excited. Take it easy and try not to do so much!
Congratulations! We're so happy for you...you are incredibly blessed!! Sure hope we can actually meet someday. :o)
Congrats! Will be praying for you and the family :)
Congratulations! What an amazing blessing, my eyes are teary and my heart bursting for you, there is nothing on earth that matches holding your newborn baby. Congrats again to you and your family. :D
Okay, now you have me wanting another boy!!!! Best wishes for you and your family. God bless.
Congratulations! Another boy! That is wonderful. Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow! I am sooo happy for you, Jennifer. :-)
I am so happy for you! I thought it was so sweet that you said that you were "craving a boy". So happy for you!
Praise the Lord for this newest blessing!
Blessings to you,
Laura (MOMYS)
Congrats! You are due the week before me, though I will deliver the same week as you. I know this newest addition will be a wonderful blessing for your family.
Happiness! The word is out! ;)
I'm thrilled for you!
well goodness...I won't go this long without checking your blog again! CONGRATS!!! I am so, so happy for you guys! You are an awesome mommy and I know you are feeling so blessed again!!
Such wonderful news! Many congratulations!
CONGRATS!!!! again!!!! What a tremendous blessing!
Post a Comment