
I wanted to recommend this ebook, Circle Time by Kendra Fletcher of Preschoolers and Peace. It will change the way you look at homeschooling. Forget what you're thinking about preschoolers sitting in a circle saying the days of the week and singing" Where is Thumbkin?" This is so much more!
This involves having your whole family, from baby to teenager, together for the biggest part of your school day, praying, praising and singing, reading, memorizing, learning, and just spending a fun time together.
This was pretty much our style of homeschooling to begin with, but I found this book invaluable for a new way of doing things, new ideas, resources, and help with planning. It has totally changed our homeschool!
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted this about homeschooling. I have a 4 year old and am a little overwhelmed at the idea of starting to homeschool. I need some guidance. My two year old would be so interested to participate I think. I am due with #3 in July so I am really unsure of setting up a schedule I can't live by once baby gets here. How do you do it when new baby arrives?
Love your new blog. So glad you are back to blogging. You are a great encourager. God bless!
I'm so glad you posted this! My mom heard of preschoolers and peace on Moody bible radio and was telling me about it...but she said Preschoolers in peace instead. Now I can find it! I'm also glad to hear that you like it. I'll have to check it out!
Post a Comment