Monday, April 27, 2009

Spiritually Unequal? My first guest blog

Today I have the honor of being a guest blogger at Joy Ever After. I wrote from experience on the topic of spiritually unequal marriages. I hope it blesses others to read it as much as it did for me to write it. Thank you, Lady Jen, for giving me this opportunity!

Spiritually Unequal?

5 comments:

Jessica Rose said...

Thank YOU, Jennifer! I really gained a lot from the post myself.

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Oh Jennifer! I just read this...what a blessing! You hit the nail...well,several nails on their heads! Fantastic post!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I have been in the same situation for 16 years. It became very important 1 1/2 years ago when I became born again. I thought he's not stupid! He should be able to see that this is a better way to live! It's safe to say that even God-fearing men have their struggles! Realizing this, one needs to accept that an unspiritual man is going to have many of the same struggles plus a few that stem from having a worldly perspective on all things. I always thought "I'm the only one suffering." I have recently come to terms that thats not true! It can be just as miserable for your husband to live with you knowing he often lets you down or displeases you with his "worldly" ways; and feeling shut out of an important area of your life while feeling imposed upon by a lifestyle he doesn't believe in. As his wife you must take great care not to present yourself as a "holier-than-thou" martyr.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful post, thank you for sharing that as this is something I'm struggling with right now. I really needed to read something like this today, thanks!!

Reese's Pieces said...

Excellent post! My women's bible study recently spoke of similar ideas. We must be careful we do not become pharisees in our own prayers for our husbands. (Luke 18:9-13) It is not about what we want. But we must trust in God. We do not know what God wants to accomplish in our husband and family. We must trust that he knows best.