Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Totally Random

  • Last week was beautiful. It got as warm as 83 degrees and we were thoroughly enjoying "spring" (I put that in quotes because, although it was warm, spring here does not include beautiful flowers, buds on tree limbs, or dogwood trees--to name a few spring features I miss). Today there are piles and piles of snow outside and it just keeps piling it on! Sometimes it dawns on me that Montana is all my kids really know! My oldest was barely 3 when we moved here. I wish they knew what spring was really like back home in Virginia and Tennessee--the feeling and the smell and the beauty...and the, uh, timeliness??? How I miss it.
  • Cara Grace is six months old and beginning to crawl. How can it be? It seems like each baby is cuter and sweeter and grows faster than the one before it! And each one only makes me want more! They are more wonderful than I can put into words! I so cannot relate AT ALL to the rest of the population who are so quick to say NO MORE PLEASE! Sorry--just don't get it! lol But I could go on for hours about that, so I'll stop right here.
  • My poor husband had his wisdom teeth removed today. That crazy man has been trying to eat everything in sight despite the clear instructions on his discharge papers! He doesn't seem to be having a very difficult time with it. However, he just fell asleep on the couch without taking his pain meds. I hope he doesn't wake up screaming! The worst thing is, I'm next. I haven't been to the dentist in 10 years and I have several teeth that give me problems and I don't need a dentist to tell me my wisdom teeth need to go. Now I'm going next month. That is the worst news I've heard since Obama was declared President. But it will be great to be able to eat a Milky Way without extreme pain again.
  • I have come across some good deals this week. TEACH magazine is having a special right now that I have been waiting for. You can get both one year of TEACH and Home School Enrichment together for $12.97. On top of that, you get an instant download of the current spring issue of TEACH. The theme is on marriage and it is AMAZING. I think that download alone was worth $12.97. Every page has touched me and inspired me in some way. I recommend printing that one off because it's kind of hard to read on the computer.
  • A few months ago I found the most awesome place for denim skirts called Style J. These skirts are LONG, beautiful, well-made, unique, and can be affordable if you sign up for their newsletter. They very frequently send out coupon codes and I am now a loyal customer. They have a 25% off coupon code for Mother's Day that is good through May 4. So maybe if you sign up now, you can get that. If you don't, I'll give you the code :-) They ship super fast too. I will greatly miss my Style J skirts whenever I am pregnant again!
  • I'm going to try to make time to update some things in my sidebar tonight while I'm waiting for a certain little girl to go to bed. After that is laundry with the Duggars. Folding laundry while watching the Duggars that is :-)
  • One more thing. Do you read Generation Cedar? You should! WOW

7 comments:

Beth E. said...

Sorry about the tooth pain. I can relate! I've been putting off calling the dentist about a tooth I know needs a crown. It's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. It is soooo expensive, and I hate to add that cost to our bills. BUT, sometimes putting things off ultilmately costs MORE in the end! So...I'm call the dentist's office today. :p

Rebecca said...

I had forgotten about Generation Cedar. Thanks for reminding. So much good stuff to read there.

Rebecca said...

Totally off subject but I have a question if you have time to answer. Did you take your kiddos with you to your OB appts? If so, how did you manage them? I am going to start trying to do this and am a little intimidated by the prospect. MIL has always watched them in the past for me but I would like to get away from needing her for that. Thanks!

The Skinny Turtle said...

I also have a totally random, off topic question about the laundry detergent recipe you posted. Do you really only use 1-2 teaspoons per load!?!? I have a large capacity washer and am just wondering if that is enough soap to get the clothes clean? It seems like such a tiny amount!

Thanks for your posts; I always enjoy reading them. :)

Billy Coffey said...

Wisdom teeth. Ouch. I remember that. You get to eat lots of ice cream, though.

And you're right. There really is nothing like spring in Virginia. Everything's so green here. Dogwoods and lillies everywhere. But I'm sure Montana's just as pretty. Couldn't take that May snow, though. Yikes.

homelover2 said...

wifeandmom--Yes, I do take them to my appts out of necessity. I am very fortunate that there are toys and book in both the waiting room and the exam rooms. They are used to going--they know the routine and it's just normal, so everything is usually fine. I go to a nurse midwife and she is very accomodating to having children come in the exam room. If there are no toys and books at yours, maybe you could take some special ones along?

Just Today--messaged you :-)

Nurturing Faith and Family said...

hi! hope you have been doing well! spring this year in VA has been HOT and humid, some days the temp is near 100! I'm more of a fall and winter person :)
hope your husbands tooth pain gets better, i had mine out last year, but it wasnt bad at all. i was lucky to not have any pain.
and thanks for posting about the skirts, ill have to check those out! (when im not pregnant ofcourse!)
have a good evening!