Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... a beautiful warm day.

I am thinking... that I'm so glad I got most of my work done during the day so now I will have lots of free time tonight!

From the learning rooms... We had a light day today so we could recover this house from the holiday weekend.

I am thankful for... not having any appointments this week!

From the kitchen... There is a lemon cake in the oven making the whole house smell delicious.
This week's menu:
Salad and Baked Potatoes
Three bean soup
Pork Chops
Potato Casserole
Tacos and Burritos

I am wearing... a light green top with black capris

I am reading... my new Bible which I LOVE.

I am hoping... to get several things done this week that keep getting put off.

I am creating... a binder to store all my favorite articles from magazines and websites.

I am praying... for grace to have a gentle and quiet spirit. Today has been a challenge for me!

Around the house... today we all worked together to get this house cleaned up and I put away 6 baskets of laundry. The best part is that I managed to stuff a bag full of clothes for Goodwill at the same time.

One of my favorite things... quiet nights. I'm counting down the hours right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week... staying home all week! Doing some decluttering and planning and still taking those babysteps toward simplifying our life.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Here are four
My beautiful children on Easter.

Beautiful Cara Grace.

On our way to church.

I wanted to keep things really simple this year so instead of Easter baskets full of too much candy and junky toys, I made them each a cup with their names on them and filled them with candy. This is now their only cup! They must keep track of them. If they want a drink, they must bring me their cup. I'm hoping this cuts down on the lost cups all over the house issue!
Yes, Kevin is asleep in the background. LOL!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

What great pictures of your family! The children are so sweet. I really like the boys' shirts, and Cara looks adorable in her dress!

The cups are a really good idea. It will definitely help cut down on extra dishes to wash. We have that issue around here. I bought a different color cup for each one of us, and it made a big difference!

Lemon cake sounds yummy. Just reading about it made me hungry for some! :o)

Blessings...

Millicent said...

Great pictures!
I LOVE 3 bean soup--does your recipe call for maple syrup and bacon?

homelover2 said...

Maple syrup and bacon? No! Can I have the recipe?
I will be putting my 3 bean soup recipe on my recipe blog soon.

Millicent said...

i'll have to get the recipe to you---it is SO yummy!!! Like a sweet chili!

quilt'n-mama said...

We did simple for Easter this year too and the kids loved it! We have 4 little ones all very close in age, it was fun to take a peek into your world.
Blessings,
Gayly

www.quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com