Ahhhh--it's Monday! My favorite day of the week! I'm sitting here barely awake, nursing Cara Grace, while my four boys are running wild around me. Justin made breakfast this morning--instant oatmeal in the microwave--and the kitchen is a wreck as a result. But it's worth it to not have everyone bombard me with their breakfast orders the second I walk in here. I'm not a morning person--can you tell?
But I'm ready for a week at home. It was a crazy weekend that brought me no relaxation at all. My plans this week are just to enjoy being here, homeschooling and being with my children and getting whatever work done that I can--no stress. I'm looking forward to basking in the presence of God in my home this week. I've been around so many people this weekend, I'm feeling pretty far away from Him. Am I the only one like this? I'm also looking forward to some QUANTITY time with my kids after feeling disconnected from them all weekend. I am so thankful for homeschooling, or I would feel like I didn't know them at all!
Here is our menu plan this week in no particular order:
Enchiladas
Soup beans
Beans and rice (from the leftover soup beans)
Hamburgers
Baked Chicken
I try to have beans at least every other week. One bag lasts us at least two meals. We have learned to love them, especially in mexican dishes, and they take a nice chunk out of your grocery bill.
Well, that's enough randomness for now. Time to get started on a busy day!
5 comments:
Monday is my favorite day too! Isn't it such a refreshing change from the standard "I hate Mondays" attitude in the world? I love a fresh, unwritten week stretching before me with so many opportunities.
We ate beans a lot when we were growing up. My dad got paid once a month, so my mother used beans as a way to stretch every dollar. Sometimes, as it got to be near the end of the month, we'd have them a couple of times a week. I complained as a little kid, not understanding what she was doing. I totally understand now!
Have a great week!
Hey! We're having enchiladas tonight also!
For some reason I like Mondays, too. It feels like a fresh start!
Monday is also my favorite day. fresh start to the homeschooling week!
Post a Comment