
For Today...
Outside my window... cold and dreary and not a place I want to visit.
I am thinking... that God is good all the time, no matter what is going on in my life.
From the learning rooms...enjoying reading to the kids from the What Your Child Should Know series. Thanks, Jo!
I am thankful for...God's Word, full of hope and joy and wisdom, and grace for today.
From the kitchen... cooking up a crockpot full of chicken breasts for the freezer.
I am wearing... my "mom's uniform". More about that another day. lol
I am reading... 1 Peter 3:1-6 over and over. May it be ingrained in my mind and my heart and may God give me grace to obey.
I am hoping... that my new Bible comes today, but probably won't.
I am creating... very sweet iced tea to start my morning with sugar and caffeine.
I am hearing... Zachary crying because Isaiah wants to sit with me and he's jealous
Around the house... mess mess mess!
One of my favorite things... starting the day with the Lord before all the children are up, for once!
A few plans for the rest of the week... This weeks menu:
Easy Beef and Pasta Supper
Chicken Fajitas
Cantonese Chicken , thanks Beth! Also, doing the oatmeal.
Chili
Hot Dogs with leftover chili
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The old old house I grew up in. Brings back memories. Proves that a home is not made by the house, but by the people and the memories! I miss it.
4 comments:
This looks like a wonderful home with a lot of great "growing-up" memories!
I grew up in and old farm house and I know what your mean:) I would take the love and laughter of a Christian home that we had, over a fancy house any day!:)--We had what we needed, by the grace of God:)
Happy Monday!
Linda C
Great daybook. It would be interesting to find out what your "mom uniform" is. Does it include a vest, a la Flylady?
I loved the picture of the house you grew up in. Mine was something like that too. I wish I could have had it to raise my family in!
Hi Jennifer,
I nominated you for an award, pick it up on my blog. Kathy
Let me know how you like the Cantonese Chicken and Baked Oatmeal. Once you make them by the recipe, you can tweak them to your own liking. I hope your family likes them, too!
Looking forward to hearing about your "mom uniform." Hmmm....LOL
Love ya!
Post a Comment