Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... snow. Lots and lots of snow.

I am thinking... that I really need to change Cara's diaper!

From the learning rooms... we're going to have a very light week--just math and reading with Bible, devotions, and read-alouds. I'm planning to do a major declutter this week!

I am thankful for... that we still have SOMETHING to eat in our pantry and freezer even though I'm not able to grocery shop for this week.

From the kitchen... I'm going to be winging it this week, at least until the snow clears up a little.

I am wearing... pajama pants and maternity shirt (No, I'm not pregnant! I just don't even bother to put my maternity stuff away!)

I am reading... Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. Taking it very slowly; want to make sure I retain. Some really good stuff so far.

I am hoping... to have an uneventful day and get a lot of decluttering done.

I am creating... some new school plans.

I am hearing... toy car wheels on my hardwood floor. Hardwood is so much louder than carpet.

Around the house... lots of STUFF that is about to get thrown away!

One of my favorite things... feeling joy, peace, and hope--the kind that only Jesus brings.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Decluttering, eating from the pantry, and hoping I don't have to go anywhere in all that snow.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
7yo, 3yo, and 5mo, sleeping on my bed at rest time. 1yo was in his bed and 5yo had already woken up. Unless my children are unusual, I believe children still need naps longer the most people think. Even I need one! We all take one together at the same time every day after our read-aloud after lunch. My favorite time of day!

9 comments:

Jerralea said...

Oh, I so loved to read to my children and then have nap-time when mine were little. Now that they are practically grown, I truly miss it!

I wouldn't go anywhere in the snow either! Enjoy your time at home together!

Beth E. said...

The naptime picture is precious. I like to take a nap. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often!

Hope the weather there clears up soon.

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

That is the cutest picture. They all look so cozy. That reminds me that I really need to do much better about reading to the children.Have a great day!

The Skinny Turtle said...

Do you usually all sleep in the same bed at naptime? I continue to give my children rest times, but they rarely sleep anymore. And now that they are getting a bit older and smarter they are figuring out things to do when they are supposed to be napping... Things like taking all their clothes out of the dressers, etc... ;-)

Also, do you have any good recommendations for cd's that have Bible stories on them?

homelover2 said...

We usually sleep on the couch, but sometimes we mix it up and sleep on my bed or in one of their beds. And yes, we all sleep together! It's one of my favorite times to spend with them. We read till I get too tired and then we just spend the rest of the time resting or sleeping.

I don't have any favorite CDs with just Bible stories, but I LOVE the Donut Man CD's (not DVDs). They're full of bible stories, scripture, praise and worship, and more. They don't leave me wanting anything else.

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

I love the darling picture! I think it is so sweet that you rest when they do. That is a great idea that I need to try because my little ones aren't fond of resting. Blessings!

Amy said...

I so enjoy reading about your family and visiting here for inspiration and encouragement. I have 3 boys (5, 3, & 1) and also had a question about your naptime routine. I do insist that mine all "rest" in the afternoon even if the older 2 do not sleep but I was wondering how it exactly worked at your home. If some of your kids do not fall asleep do you allow them to get up and go to their own rooms so they do not disturb the other "sleepers"? Also, my one year old is almost 2 and I cannot imagine how I could get him to lay still enough on the bed...without being disruptive.
I would really like to start doing this with my kids but am not sure how to begin. Thanks so much!

homelover2 said...

Amy, just posted about our rest time :-)